Re: [Harp-L] How ta lern to Play proply

Dear all,

Would you mind sharing your practical tips and tricks with regard to throat
vibrato. I'm still learning how to do it. My biggest issues are mainly on
the draw vibrato and slowing down my blow vibrato.
I think the tips and tricks I came across till now told me to start from at
slow pace, and then increase the pace. In my case, however, I only can do in
a very very fast pace, and I'm having trouble to make my vibrato in a slow
pace and is able to in touch with the music mood I play. Well, my trick to
do blow vibrato is to simulate laughing to trigger my diaphragm vibrating...
I just can't slow down the vibration on my diaphragm ...

While I'm pretty good in sounding blow vibrato, I can't do it rightly in
draw vibrato... it's just soo bad.. that I can't put it when I'm playing..
My trick to do draw vibrato is just try to do backward laughing which
triggers my diaphragm vibrating.

I was just wondering whether I am in the right direction or not. Is there
any tips and tricks, or recording in mp3 enlightening to learn this great
vibrato (e.g. giving examples of both draw and blow vibrato from a very slow
pace to a "musical" pace)

Any comments, tips & tricks is much appreciated..!!

PS: Regards to the mic question, I just bough SM57 last week.. probably will
arrive this afternoon..and it'd take me another two weeks before I put it on
PA becoz I'm going to WorldYouthDay in Sydney.

Best Regards,
Arnold