[Harp-L] How ta learn to Play promptly

Hey, I liked your little manifesto on how to play properly - funny and true.
But aside from all those alternative philosophies there *is* one thing I
think that's universally true.  You have to be a self starter; you have to
be willing to go at it on your own from jump street.  Yeah, you can get a
teacher later and learn the theory and even have a very elaborate philosophy
with which to guide your self.  But after having taught several classes over
the past three years it seems certain to me that the people who stick with
it and actually get somewhere are the ones that started on their own, long
before they met me.

Sam Blancato