[Harp-L] Harmonicas and respect

I have said this before and it has largely been ignored, but I will try
again.
We play an instrument that has generally received little respect. I do not
see this changing quickly regardless of anyone's achievements, not matter
how remarkable they may be. Yes, this may be more true in the U.S. than
elsewhere, but it is only to a matter of degree.
So, instead of debating who deserves how much respect and for what, perhaps
we should simply celebrate the recognition those in our community do get;
whether it be Little Walter's induction or Howard Levy's inclusion on
Prairie Home Companion.
And on an individual level, how we personally work to change the general
population's view of our humble instrument.