Re: [Harp-L] Overblows and harmonicas

In my opinion, there is a difference in the setup between a harmonica
on which an accomplished player can play with overblows, and one on
which someone new to the technique can learn overblows.  My suggestion
would be that you get a relatively inexpensive Hohner handmade
harmonica, like a Golden Melody or a Special 20, open it up, and
reduce the gaps dramatically.  Then use that harmonica to learn the
technique.  Later on, as you begin to become more comfortable with the
mouth shapes it takes to conjure overblows, gradually raise the action
until you find a place where the reeds don't choke so easily during
normal playing.

-tim