Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Hi from France

Hello and welcome Christelle!  what a pleasure to have you join  harp-l.  I
tried several times to put the information onto one of your  you-tubes, but for
some odd reason it never got posted.  I'm so glad  someone else got you here
:)  We've already 'met' through your you-tube  responses.

Your playing is SO good...if some here haven't yet heard you,  they're in for
quite a treat. I know you're a huge fan of Jason's. He has many  friends and
fans here on harp-l too.

 I only wish there was some way you could get over here to the States  for
our annual SPAH (Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the
Harmonica)Convention...which is held every August in different Cities. This  year's is
at a hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, from August 12 - 16.  Here is  the spah
website if you're at all interested:  _www.spah.org_ (http://www.spah.org)

If not this year, then it would be wonderful if you could try to plan ahead
for next year...you could bring so much to the players who attend, since you
seem to play so naturally and effortlessly what some have struggled with for
years.

[Folks...go to YouTube: look for christellester   under which she  posts her
youtube videos. Done simply, at home..with backing tracks.  All  by ear, all
improv-ing...and she makes those of us here muddling along look even  more like
amateurs than we did before.  This girl is  BRILLIANT!!!   You owe it to
yourself to watch/listen to her videos,  if you haven't already....her playing is
so melodious, her overblows incredibly  good...her vibrato at a level I
haven't yet heard from anyone else....so please  listen.  I'll post a couple of them]

Leonard Cohen's: 'Hallelujah'

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKTGbyjAtM_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKTGbyjAtM)

here she's playing 'backup' over a CD of her favourite singer Mark  Knopfler
on Whoop-de-doo...it's simple and gorgeous:

_http://video.aol.com/video-detail/whoop-dee-doo-mark-knopfler/3149521116_
(http://video.aol.com/video-detail/whoop-dee-doo-mark-knopfler/3149521116)

okay...once you've gotten 'hooked' on her playing (as I have), you'll have
to see the rest of them. In one she plays along with Jason Ricci/Shawn
Starski's  'Sonja' recorded on their French tour...which is absolutely spot-on perfect
(and  something I've been trying to do for a while with my chromatic).

 I used to say that when I grew up I wanted to play like Phil  Caltabellotta
and Smokey Joe Leone (my chromatic heroes)...well now I have to  amend it to
Phil, SmoJoe and Christelle. I've never included Jason in this  because to my
mind nobody can ever play 'quite' like Jason Ricci, but Christelle  comes so
close...

Elizabeth