Re: [Harp-L] Beginner player here!

Hi Tony!!!  like always my slow a%^ computer won't download U Tube very well,
sometimes not  at all. I heard enough to tell a little about your playing.
Your friends too!  First thing, stand up and face the camera. Every time you
play to record, do it  on purpose. You never know when somebody big outta the
blue will see what you  did. Don't make a big production out of it, just try and
act like you know what  you are doing, and having fun while you do it. Smile
when you can, a smile  breaks the ice every time. As far as the playing of the
harp, the music part, it  sounds like you have practiced a lot, keep doing
that. Every time you can play  with somebody, do it. Sounds like you have blown
out your harp a little. I agree  with what somebody else said here, back off
just a little, that way when you  want to step up and play a lead, or emphasize
something, it'll sound right. Play  with dynamics, lay back and groove until
the time comes to put in fills or play  a lead. Chord some until the turn
around comes and then do it with the guitar  player. There are some patented ways
of playing turnarounds and heads they call  'em. Listen to the greats do it and
copy what they do, then change it a little  to fit your style. That way you
can make their licks sound like your  licks.

          You sound good my  man. Get some new harps if you can, and treat
'em nice. Practice until you drive  everybody nuts and then do it more, he he.
Have presence when you play, be  confident. Your a good player, so be confident
in that and bring warmth to the  stage, or just in your room when you are
practicing. When you feel good about  what you are doing people can tell, and
they will get into it with you, even if  it's just your Mom listening to you.

        I'm talking about stage presence  with you because sooner or later
you are going to need it. Your playing is  coming along great. Keep practicing
and playing along with the greats. Yea, have  command of your bends, all of
them, not just the easy ones. It sounds like you  have a vibrato coming along,
work on that too. I can see you playing with a  great band sooner or later,
probably sooner. Get those new harps and work on  tone. Be easy on them, them rip
when yo need to.

           Sorry for the  long rant, but you inspired me to try and help you
along. You deserve it.

              Peace
         Randy
      BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 7/5/2008 2:06:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,