Re: [Harp-L] 2016 CBH

You  might want check out some recordings of the greats
Bonfiglio 2016, Adler 270 and other models in his
later years, Cham-ber Huang solid silverl 2012,
Toots 270 and hohner variations of that model the
boper series. If you can find Portrait of a Genius
by Toots he may be using a different chromatic.
The tone varies a lot by player and recording techniques.Also there is the Doug Tate-Bobby Giordano
Renny thats a very nice instrument. I wish I could
afford one. Then there must be a bunch of custom
models that you can search out.

Emile Diggs Student24 D'Amico

>>> richard weis <richard-w@xxxxxxxxxxx> 07/04/08 04:16 AM >>>
Thanks Emile,

student 24 has a fine tone, no doubt. Do you know of a chromatic that sounds
round and woody. I have traditionally played the 12hole super chromonica in
a fiddle tune style. I'm didly didlied out and dug out the 2016 CBH I bought
about 26 years ago and never played. I just couldn't get the hang of it, and
it didn't sound right on fiddle tunes.

A few weeks ago I gave it another bash and have been really loving the way
it resonates through the bones of your skull and makes the chromonica sound
very thin and reedy.It also carries very well in open spaces. So I'm playing
tunes, show tunes and things on it. All that makes me think there must be a
rich full alternative that will sound even better. I am a great fan of the
lyrical qualities of the clarinet. But I've played harmonica for a very long
time and am even more in love with the versatility of it. So I'd like to
find a harmonica with rich bendable reeds and the capacity to go
clarinetish.

Cheers,

RJ