Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Joe Cocker w/subtitle translation

It might have been pretty 'bad' Rick, lol...but you didn't correct the
misperception that spelling those words correctly with the 'u'  left in, is in any
way a 'dialect'.  Hmm....rather, it's the Queen's  (or King's) English..and
far precedes any Johnny-come-lately changes made to our  language by upstart
Americans. ;)

I still remember the humiliation of being told I'd failed my very  first
typing class test here in NY two weeks after arriving from Scotland,  purely
because I'd quite properly spelled colour, neighbour and so forth  with a 'u'.  Oh,
the ignominy of it...I shan't ever live it down. ;)

Elizabeth

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:03:00 +1000
From: "Rick  Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE:  RE: [Harp-L]  Joe Cocker w/subtitle translation
To: "d.flendrich"  <darple.flendrich@xxxxxxxxx>, <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

It makes the language more colourful. You might labour  to understand it
neighbour, but  it's a matter of honour to those of us  living under the rigour of
the Commonwealth.
Harp content? hmmm.....well,  playing the harmonica is an Hohn-ourable
occupation... sorry that was pretty  bad!
RD
>>> "d.flendrich" <darple.flendrich@xxxxxxxxx>  2/07/2008 4:41 >>>
Priest, Jim wrote:
> But he's still one of  my all-time favourites.

You spell "favorites" with a 'u'.  Who can  read that dialect? ;-)

d.f