Re: [Harp-L] Paddy Richter Tuning

"Aongus MacCana"wrote:
<My weapon of choice for Irish music is a G Chromatic (Which I realise <is a very "cissie" way of getting the necessary notes)I am beginning to <wonder whether the Seydel 12 hole Solist - solo tuned - might not be a <more cost effective alternative - if it was available in G and if I <could only learn how to bend?

Dude, what's sissy about using a G chromatic to play Irish music? As I recall, there's an extended piece by Brendan Power in the Harp-L archives that discusses using a G chromatic with slide turned upside down (to make the accidentals easier to get) to play Irish music.

One of the big lessons of the blues is: get it any way you can. In my iopinion, that's a good lesson to carry into every part of one's life. And in particular, I never ceased to be amazed when people apologize for doing anything the easy way. Life and music are hard enough as it is.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter