Re: [Harp-L] Re: Phrasing and Spacing

The phrase is older than Armstrong. Originally, someone asked a very wealthy New York City robber baron named J.P. Morgan how much his yacht cost. His answer:

" If you have to ask, you can't afford it". Over the years this has been 'bas*****zed' into a plethora of similar statements made by an assortment of people. I wouldn't believe any of them unless I heard them from the alleged source. That's called police work.

smokey-joe