Re: [Harp-L] Re: Phrasing and Spacing

Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've heard that same quote attributed to Fats Waller, and I'm sure it's been attributed to others in addition to Pops and Fats.

i've also heard it attributed to others to describe mountain climbing, martial arts, and various other activities.

Frankly, I think it's a harmful and elitist statement - in essence, it says that if you're on the outside, you'll never get in.

agreed.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West