  From: Ken Deifik
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 5:41 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] bluegrass harmonica CDs

    I want to compile an online discography of bluegrass CDs that feature harmonica. I know Bill Monroe used it in early lineups of his band, but are any of those recordings in print? Mike Stevens? Sara Cooke? Come in, please.

  Glenn,
  I believe I have everything Bill Monroe ever recorded in the studio, and I am not aware of any early tracks that use harmonica.  I excel at being wrong, however, so who knows?

  There is every possibility that there are Opry transcriptions that contain Monroe with harmonica.

  Ken