[Harp-L] OC-3 Octave, effects etc

Austin,
 Sounds like you're going for a use similar to Jason's on the octave  pedal.
It does work well in its (unintended) role as a compressor, with mix  turned
all the way up and octaves all the way down. As an Octave device, it  tracks
notes and chords quite well, which most similar devices don't.  An exception is
the pricey ElectroHarmonix POG, which tracks almost  perfectly, or the even
pricier but highly versatile HOG. Each of those brings  many octaves, intervals
and options to the table.
 No problem going mic-to-effects-to-amp with your setup. It'll be just  the
same as going mic-to-amp. You probably already use an mic impedance  converter
when you plug direct into the amp; so just plug  into your 1st effect pedal
just as you would kusually plug into the  amp input. Then 1/4 inch cord out of
that effect and into the next. And  1/4" out of that one and  into your amp.
Experiment a little with the order of your effects pedals in a line. I
usually use delay as the last effect in a chain. Then again, "bizarre" can be a
good thing. My first girlfriend, for instance.....well, that's another  thread.

Jeff Gathercole
Denver CO

In a message dated 1/18/2008 7:13:50 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,