Re: [Harp-L] The Best Harp Player in the World

On Jan 12, 2008, at 3:09 AM, Ken Deifik wrote:

But in the end, we harp players are like barbecue joints. Every barbecue joint I've ever been to has some adherent or other who confidently tells you it's the best in the world.

Kinda reminds me of when I was a kid back in New York. This one street was loaded with Pizza joints. The signs outside made claims that this place (or that place) was either the :
Best Pizza in Town....Best Pizza in the State...Best Pizza in the Country...Best Pizza in The World. Each place had an increasingly impressive facade, BUT tucked in between them was a tiny stand-up barely 8 ft wide and THEIR sign cheerfully proclaimed.... are you ready?... "Best Pizza on THIS BLOCK". Bada Bing

p.s. what does this have to do with harp? ....... Playing harp is like eating pizza. Everyone has different tastes.

smokey-joe