Re: [Harp-L] M-Audio MicroTrack Question

Jim,

I'm having exactly the same problem with my MicroTrack.  I got mine
just over a year ago, and used it intermittently to record gigs.  I
generally got about three to four hours out of it, turning the power
off during band breaks.  Last month (December 07) I tried to record
first at a Christmas party, and then a few days later at a gig.  In
both cases I got between 45 minutes and an hour before the recorder
died, batteries exhausted.  I don't have all the specifics of the
recording setup, except to say that I also had the backlight turned
off and output volume down.  I haven't tried contacting M-Audio yet,
but will probably do that soon.

This is a pretty big negative in the design, IMHO.  This device
should be made with a replacable lithium ion rechargable battery,
like a digital camera, that can be replaced in the field.  In fact,
my new Ricoh digital camera will also run on AAA batteries, in a
pinch.  Now THAT's a well-designed piece of gear.

-tim