Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic Comparo

Thanks,

I've been a Hohner guy all these years and I've never seriuosly considered other brands. Are the Suzuki's made any better?

Gary Popenoe

On Feb 23, 2008, at 6:50 PM, Slim Heilpern <slim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Garry -

Just to be clear about this. Yes, that is a 64x in the picture, but I have yet to record with it (as I said, it's quite photogenic ;-)). All my recent recordings (to date) have either been with a cx12 or 270. Soon I'll be posting a new recording using a Suzuki Magic Garden. Had I not bumped into that instrument I would have used the 64x -- I really like them both, but I think I like the MG a tad better.

But, of the two asked about (64 vs. 64x) I definitely prefer the 64x (which BTW, Stevie Wonder has been performing with a lot over the last several years).

Thanks,

- Slim

www.slidemanslim.com

G. E. Popenoe wrote:
That's right. I remember you holding an X in your website photo. The tracks sounded good. So now the vote is three to one against. Any other votes out there please chime in. I'm coming up on bonus time and I may be able to splurge.