[Harp-L] Volume Control

Lots of pluses and minuses regarding volume controls on harp microphones.
It's a plus to be able to roll back volume a little when your just comping  and
then open it up full blast when blowing a solo. The trade off  is signal loss
but I guess there are ways to compensate for that. I've heard  mixed opinions
-- hard core purists that I know say you should be able to  control your
volume with breath control and hand shaping the same way the  Walters did but amps
are more powerful these days, bands are louder and the  feedback monster is
always lurking. Feedback eliminators and inline volume  controls are available
options but I'm curious, what do folks on the list  think and what do you use
to tame the beast without sacrificing the tone of your  favorite mic?

tom albanese

Awards. Go to AOL Music.