[Harp-L] Re: 7-10

Hi Bob,

(Please excuse me replying publicly)

  >Thanks for the advice. I'll try it. <

  Hope it helps

  >question:

  What's "1) minus three" refer to?

  sounds cryptic.<

  Hate to appear negative, but, seven minus ten (7-10) equals minus three (-3)

  >also, if "re-gapping is, at first, unnecesary" out of the box, then why do Gusso and Ricci both suggest it? Maybe it's different from brand to brand?<

  Though I agree whole heartedly with Gusso and Ricci, in my experience of teaching harmonica for over more than a quarter of a century, usually , the bends come first the refinement comes later.

  These are probably a poor metaphores;

  Would you buy a Formula 1 before you have a driving licence?

  Would you tear apart your first harmonica ('specialy if it's a gift!) without knowing why?

  First you try to play with what you have, knowledge comes slowly.

  A man of knowledge knows that a tomato is a fruit.

  A wise man knows not to put it in a fruit salade.

  Mox