To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 09:28
Subject: [Harp-L] Better and cheaper than a Blues Jr!

I've been meaning to post about this harp amp ever since It arrived on my doorstep. To me, it's as good as it gets tone wise. I'd have to say it's definitely the best small amp I've ever played through. Best of all, it's unbelievably affordable.. It's the Bogen CHB-10A, PA head. I purchased mine recently from a harp-l member, and was pleasantly surprised at the tone, and rich harmonics of this amplifier.

On harmony central, the reviewers give this amp 10's across the board for sound quality,

http://tinyurl.com/59t2b7

I liked it so much, I purchased another one on ebay as a backup, for a grand total of
$56.55. Randy L., the guy who makes the Lone Wolf delay pedal, works with these Bogen heads almost exclusively. He's going to put it into a cab with a 12" speaker at a very reasonable rate. If you've already got a decent extension cab, you can have a very high quality harp amp for less than a $100.00.

It only has two tubes, a 7868 power, and a 12AX7 preamp, but it puts out 10 loud watts of power. It's easily in the same league as a Blues Jr. From what I've read on the web, the mojo from this amp comes from the 7868 power tube, and the oversized transformers, which for some reason work together to make this amp very musical. The bottom of this amp is huge, and the highs are very sweet and chimey. To me it has a horn like sound, almost like a trombone.

You can hear the amp on myspace page. The song that starts up automatically when the page loads was recorded using the Bogen (Bring It).

http://www.myspace.com/checkmarkwilson