[Harp-L] Intonation

I imagine if you took half the frets off the guitar there would be big intonation problems in solos! When I heard Toots the last time he had slowed down a lot, but the entire night there was not one note out of tune.

I think bad intonation distracts the listener from their train of thought on the solo. You have them captivated and all of a sudden you lose them because of a "cheezy" moment. I like to think of this emotional connection with one's audience like the surface of a very still lake and even the slightest pebble thrown in disturbs the surface. This does not mean the music stays calm; it can even be violent, but the connection is as smooth and undisturbed as the lake.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com