Re: [Harp-L] YouTube - AFTER YOU'VE GONE-- shtreiml

Hmm...I liked the previous spelling..
RD

>>> Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3/12/2008 15:37 >>>
Oops....,-) I meant improvs not improves....big difference!,-) sorry

Rob P

On 12/2/08 11:34 PM, "Randy Singer" <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ROB
>
> I AGREE one hundred percent with your statement below.
>
> But music is subjective.......Though he can improve as stated, it
> still has a visceral quality that thrilled me!!!!
>
> I still love it, flaws and all (we all have 'em, me too). That's why
> they call it the blues.......):)
>

> On Dec 2, 2008, at 11:29 PM, Robert Paparozzi wrote:
>
>> Hey Randy,
>>
>> Jason is a very talented overblower, and obviously has studied
musical
>> theory and IS blowing OVER the changes. I would like to first hear
the
>> MELODY stated and then play off the changes with phrasing rather
>> than all
>> the notes that fit.....a good soloist must learn to tell a story it
>> has to
>> build and have phrases and dymanics as well. Knowing the notes and
>> scales is
>> only half the battle on improvising.....father TOOTS has taught us
an
>> important lesson:
>> "pay attention to the melody"....the improves need to start there..
>> that is
>> how we learn to SING our solos.......that being said this is GOOD
>> work, but
>> not great soloing....I agree, he is not doodling he is playing the
>> RIGHT
>> notes.....now he must study great soloist ala Miles, Rollins, Toots
>> and
>> Trane.......
>>
>> Thanx for sharing,
>> Rob P

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

RobÂs My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

RobÂs Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com