[Harp-L] Neumann TLM 103 vs Rode K2 mics for recording

I'm thinking about upgrading my home recording capabilities and am wondering whether anyone here has experience with these two mics and
can comment on them.

I'm looking at the Neumann TLM 103 and the Rode K2 for recording acoustic sounds (including, of course, harmonica).

Both are large-diaphragm condensor mics with supposedly uncolored, clear sound. Both have fairly even frequency response. Both have rave magazine reviews, in addition to people who both love and hate them on various recording forums.

The transformerless TLM 103 is a sort of lower-priced cousin to the venerable Neumann U87 and U47 models, and has a cardioid pattern. It gets points for ability to handle very loud sounds.

The Rode K2 is a tube mic (the tube is installed in the mic, which supposedly can warm the sound with the right tube, and there is an aftermarket for fairly pricy tubes). I've really liked the rich sound when I've had the opportunity to work with tube mics in th past. It has a dedicated power supply and selectable cardioid, figure 8, and omni pickup patterns.

Any comments from those who have actual experience with these mics?

Be a better friend, newshound, and