Re: [Harp-L] By the way,,

On Apr 9, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Ken Deifik wrote:

Anybody got any choice tales of not getting the gig for the wrong reason?

This won't exactly be what you want but it was 1963 and I was in the navy and spending a weekend pass at Va. Bch. Roy Orbison was appearing at the Peppermint Top Hat lounge. Since he didn't have a harp player with him, I told him that if he wanted to do 'Candy Man' that I could do the intro for him. He (in so many words) told me to get lost.

smo-joe