Re: [Harp-L] ?

On Apr 7, 2008, at 4:53 PM, robert mcgraw wrote:

If I read this correctly, then our own Smoky-Joe Leone, as well as being one of the best players around [few play both chromatic and diatonic as Joe....I mean there are better chromatic players, and there are better diatonic players, but there aren't many who play BOTH instruments as well as Joe!], also just maybe invented country tuning? Way cool!

Thank you for your support Bob, but don't think I will make a CD. I don't feel that I am recordable quality. At least not any more. Maybe when I was younger. A look at my you tube stuff should convince everyone that while I can fake a decent performance, I have a long way to go. And maybe I have just run out of time. :)

As to the tuning, I never really thought about it. I guess I assumed that people were coming up with stuff all the time and that I wasn't the first with this.
I mean, look at Brendan 'tower OF' Power, or Pat 'Ain't missed a trick, Missin, or Rick 'epic' Epping, and like that. Then there's spiral, Spanish, circular, diminished, demented, i.e.

SO I never went after any recognition or anything. In fact, I have never gone for recognition with anything I ever did. Besides, being harp related, I never tried to make harp something to hang my hat on. I just know that I liked it immensely, tried other instruments and always came back to harp. I think harp is the greatest. I think people who PLAY harp are the greatest. I'm tickled out of my shorts that harp people even let me BE in the same township with them.

WVa Bob
P.S. When is the Cd coming out Joe? We'll buy it! We'll buy it!

My dream was always to go to a spah, and as everyone filed into the banquet, there at everyone's place setting was one of my CDs. Sure, there are some that would then use them as a 'target', but maybe there are some who might just give them a listen. Aw well, only in dreams.

smo-joe

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html? ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_instantaccess_042008
!DSPAM:5614,47fa89bd30381021212919!