RE: [Harp-L] Irish Music on the Harp

Especially if you have a Paddy-R tuned harp, get the Brendan Power book,
"Play Irish Music on the Blues Harp".  Cheap, with CD, informative.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Todd Dahl
Sent: 02 April 2008 20:25
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Irish Music on the Harp

I am a complete newbie to Irish music. At this point I don't know the
difference between the different forms. For example I don't know the
difference between a reel and a jig. Anyway I want to learn about how to
play it on my new Paddy tuned harp. <<Thanks. Dave>>

So I was wondering where does the harmonica fit into the Irish music scene.
>From a newbies standpoint does anyone have any pointers or links to any
websites that will help me learn the forms and structure of this music?