[Harp-L] Controlled Reluctance Repair!

Check this guy out! Charles (Chuck) Gurney cg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

	He repairs CR elements and does custom mic work. I know him from
reading a mic thread that talked about being able to fix damaged elements.
This is the man! I hit his email and it has been Christmas in September and
October for me: He can do it all! Ultra fair prices, excellent work, and
super fast turn around. A gentleman extraordinaire, efficient, thorough (he
left nothing in question or doubt, he asked all the right question and made
some cool suggestions). If you want CR repair he's the man. But, here's the
addition to this story, the plus that put him at the top of the list. Even
more than rescuing an element...

	A few weeks ago in September, I'm down to two working mics. I pull
out a Hohner Blues Blaster, brand new except the element was destroyed from
the cold. I have a mic in my car at all times as part of a car studio (I'm
traveling and in my car a lot!) and an old SM520D which has a super CR
element that I got from Sonny Jr. three years ago but the guy who placed the
element in the shell never secured it properly so it was rattling around
like crazy had an old spring lead cord and no volume control knob. I wanted
both mics working immediately and needed them to be changed to have 1/4"
fittings and a control knob for the SM520D. I contact him and he obviously
can get them up and running and he realizes I'm frightened to be rolling
with only two mics. He suggests that repairing the Blues blasters element
doesn't make much sense. Proposes a CR that he has that would be perfect. I
ship the mics to him by regular airmail and he is to return them by United
States Postal Service airmail and insured. I don't use expedited service
returning to Luxembourg anymore because the customs guy stings me each time.
So, we're already talkin' about two weeks of travel time to and fro. Here's
what he does:

For the Blues Blaster:
1-CR --
1-retro fit XLR to 1/4", new silk, custom gasket, and labor included-- for
Blues Blaster--

For the Green Bullet mic:
New Gasket
New silk
New 250K linear Volume Control, with solid Billit aluminum knob  5/8ths to
1/4" adapter , 5/8ths fitting , Labor for drilling and tapping the volume
control/drilling and tapping for fitting

	I removed the prices because I don't think it would be fair to
include them. But, obviously well priced. I sent the two mics on September
14th and had them in hand Oct. 3rd. The turn around was fantastic! The Blues
Blaster is an absolute monster. And, all the fittings are superb. I've got
pictures that he seen me before their home journey, but you have to
personally get in contact with me for those because unfortunately my
computer savvy is limited. And, you can't send attachments on this forum.
This has been a testimonial!

Ron "Rockin'Ronny" Tuffel