Re: [Harp-L] The "Perfect" Fusion of Chromatic and Diatonic?

d.flendrich wrote in reference to cicular tuning :

>I thought one of the principle attractions of the circular tuning was
that you could play in all keys on a single harmonica with only a
limited number of patterns (4?) required.  Is the point of having all
12 keys so you have the diatonic chords present?  <

The note layout that you are thinking of is called
"diminished tuning"

(briefly favoured by Ludo Beckers
http://www.overblow.com/ludo/ )

There is an indepth explanation at

http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/

Scroll down on the left  till
"Pat's Musings"
then clique on
"diminished"

>If you set up the harmonica so that adjacent notes are a three semitones apart you arrive at a diminished tuning. These layouts have been patented by both Salvitz/Beauregard (US pat# 5166461) and Dr. John Yeadon (UK pat #2259802) and can take several different forms......... <

Hope this helps

mÔx

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYZ1rmzJ38