[Harp-L] 10 DAYS TO *A RARE HOWARD LEVY WORKSHOP* IN *NYC* - Dec 9

HOWARD LEVY NYC WORKSHOP

December 9, 2007

3:45-5:45pm

Ripely Grier Studios
520 Eighth Avenue (between 36th & 37th St.)
16th Floor
Studio #16L
New York, NY 10018
Studio phone:  212-643-9985

Since our time at the studio is limited, we ask everyone to come a few minutes earlier so we can start at 3:45 sharp.

Howard's son Miles will also be there to play drums (snare and hihat) demonstrating rhythmic breathing rudiments and playing with him on a few tunes. Chris Siebold will accompany him on the guitar.

Howard Levy needs no introduction. He is a Grammy Award winner and a founding member of the trail-blazing jazz group Béla Fleck and the Flecktones.

As Kim Field writes, Howard "... may be the most radical single technical innovator in the history of his instrument..." (Harmonicas, Harps, and Heavy Breathers, Simon & Schuster 1993).

This workshop is geared towards anyone who is interested in expanding their own musical knowledge as it relates to the harmonica. It would be appropriate for beginners through advanced players and would be interesting to non-harmonica players as well.

Check his website: http://www.levyland.com/

**

The cost is $25 in advance and $30 at the door.

We are filling up, the space is limited, and we urge everyone to pay in advance.

To pay in advance, please send $25 via PalPal to zaranoff-at- nyc.rr.com, and notate you're paying for "Howard Levy Workshop".

Please do NOT send the funds via your credit card. We're not a business and can't accept any additional credit card transactions via PayPal.

When we get the funds we'll send you confirmation.

We are looking forward to seeing you all!

Thanks.

BHC