Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Harp King vs. SonnyJr 410 @ Gruenling/Raines gig

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, IcemanLE@... wrote:

Because so much of the tone comes from the player, if Dennis and Annie had
switched rigs/mics in the middle of the song and continued playing, it would
give a better example of how the amps sound.....

Ditto, Larry.
Not to mention that if the amps were dialed in differently, they would sound very different.
All in all not a great way to compare amps.  To my mind, the youtube clip was not about
comparing one VS. the other.  If I were an amp builder. and found clips of someone (good
player especially) playing through my amp, I would post it so people could check it out if
desired -- it's good to hear an amp in lots of different contexts, knowing none of it is
definitive.
--jk