[Harp-L] My amp is best, no my amp is....

> This was recorded on a little white MacBook with a built in camera
> resulting in the amazing sound, but uninspiring visual.

I never thought it would happen. I love gear! I love to play with it, talk
about it, and play around with it. But...this current thread amazes me.
Somehow we're comparing the SJ to the Harpking from an impromptu Youtube
video. I've looked at the video twice and I don't see a Harpking...they're
pretty hard to miss! That white MacBook may have "amazing sound" but it
doesn't inspire me to try and critique the two harp tones laid down by two
incredible players. Everyone agrees that the player is the biggest factor in
how a player sounds. Both of the players in this video are amazing players
but I doubt that either one of them is trying to emulate the other's tone so
that we can evaluate the two amps. However, I am guessing that both players
were trying to sound like themselves.

I sat in with my friend's band last night. We both own the same model
of purpose-built harp amp. I used his amp and sounded nothing like him even
though I used his mic and his settings on the amp. If he had been sitting in
at my gig and using my same model amp, my mic and my settings we would have
still sounded differently and like ourselves. He's a GREAT player but I'm
trying to create a very different tone than he is and it's cool that we can
both find the tone we want from the same amp.

I'm probably taking this thread way too seriously because I have no vested
interest. I'm not trying to sell anything or endorse anything. I continue to
receive way more from this list than I will ever be able to give. It's been
said here many times. I love to hear first hand accounts from the owners of
various amps, harps and other gear but to make so much from an impromptu
recording goes beyond my admitted "gear sickness".

All the best,
Jay

PS-- I *KNOW* that my amp is the *BEST*....*for me!*

--
Where words fail -- music speaks.