[Harp-L] HooDoo Hand

The URL you seek is:
http://www.hoodoobyhohner.com/

(Todd Dahl writes):
Has anybody heard about when Hohner is going release their new product the
HooDoo Hand. It looks very promising. A small compact microphone that is
wireless. Very interesting.
I have never used a small mic before so I wonder how well it will work
especially that it's wireless. I suppose guitarists have no issue with that
so maybe us harp players won't either.

Sloppy:
As Garry said 'playing wireless is wonderful" - yes, that is true. Here's
what I want in wireless though - the ability to adjust the gain on both the
transmitter unit, and the receiver unit. A small footprint on the base unit
(receiver), and it has to sound good. I have a guitar bug with a small AKG
receiver. Works prit-tee-good. There is no wire between me and the receiver.
The HooDoo has what appears to be a small wire that runs from the mic unit,
to the transmitter, which goes on your belt. I don't personally like that
arrangement. I am also unsure about those two rings to hold it with - unlike
the Shaker Madcat  ( seen here:
http://www.shakermicrophone.net/productprices.html ) you might limit those
folks with sausage fingers, or cause discomfort to those with tiny little
digits. Ergonomics... not up to par, really.

The thing I see that could be a plus with this HooDoo unit, is that it's
small. But, that is all I can see - what I can hear, on the above site is
decent enough - but to my ear, keeping in mind that I am listening on head
phones to a track off a web page - it's not meaty enough. The harp playing
is great, but the tone on this rig sounds thin, and metallic... it has a
glassy enharmonic to my ear.

Well, I wish I could have heard Big Walter play through this microphone. I
personally like lots of bottom end on the tone.

I will of course be trying one some day - I hope - and then of course, I
will know what the hell I am talking about. ha ha...

http://www.myspace.com/choppatoola