[Harp-L] Autumn Leaves, 12th pos????

>Chromatic would most definitely work.

So would piano, or saxophone. Possibly, Mr. Garcia actually wishes to play Autumn Leaves on the diatonic harmonica, as he recently expressed an interest in doing. Winslow advises playing it in fourth position (A on a C harp), and I agree that this is the best position to use. To play the song in fourth in the lower register you do not need any overblows or overdraws at all, but it does require good control over several of the normal draw bends. This control is something we all strive for, or should. In the upper register, only a single overblow (5OB) is required, the note only occurs once, there are fewer bent notes, and what bends there are are easier to execute. Winslow's excellent post provides the tab for the first half of the song in both registers. Have fun!

George