Brendan Power" <bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Hammond Suzuki harp CC:
 Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:33:49 -0000 To:"Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                Plain Text Attachment     [  Scan and Save to Computer      ]

>Ken wrote: "I can't seem to find much info on the Suzuki Hammond harp.
Is it tuned differently or is it just a marketing thing?"

It was interesting to see this post just under several about the Hammond
Organ used in Sonny Boy Williamson's stunning original recording of his
song "Help Me". Interesting because Suzuki Musical Instrument Co. (the
harmonica maker) are the modern owners and makers of the legendary
Hammond organs. That's why they call the harp the Hammond.

To answer Ken's question: no, it is not tuned differently. It is similar
is spec to Suzuki's unvalved ProMaster, but the alloy comb is black, and
it has dark blue lacquered covers instead of chrome plated; some some
players find these more comfortable and slippery in the mouth.

Regards,

Brendan