RE: [Harp-L] Mexican Revolution anfd US Civil War

SILVA
INICIATIVA PARA LA PRESERVACIÒN, OPTIMIZACIÒN Y EL ESTUDIO CIENTIFICO DE LA ARMÒNICA DIATÒNICA
2007
http://youtube.com/user/silvaharp

http://silvaharp.spaces.live.com/

http://www.myspace.com/victoriomontessilva

These are very interesting reflections, consult to pat missin on this subject and I commented on the wave of German immigrants,i am talking about the possibility that the harmonica reached mexico with them, with the information you have provided me, I was able to establish the existence of harmonica during the Mexican Revolution, the text of Harmut Berghoff, as reference gave Winslow Yerxa, establishing the arrival of the harmonicas hohner, at the hands of Alfred Veerkamp in the year of 1908, this is two years before the outbreak of the Mexican Revolution.

The year that occupies my research is that of 1914, and for these dates and is fair to say that the revolutionaries and brought harmonicas in their pockets.

The revolutionary image of a harmonica this very widespread in mexico, there may even be graphic works that show this scene, for example, a woodblock print of Leopoldo Mendez, in the year 1929, in this engraving can see a revolutionary sitting on some train routes, playing the harmonica.

Thanks to all, I really have very valuable information, and if you are in agreement with much joy agregare their names in the end credits of my research.

Atte.
Victorio Montes Silva
04455 1681-5162