Re: [Harp-L] Portable Battery Powered Amps

T,
I use a Crate Limo. It's 50 watts with a 10 inch speaker and uses a
sealed lead-acid batter. It has two inputs so I use it for harmonica
and vocals. I played it for hundreds of hours in the street, and the
amp is tough. During the 2002 Winter Olympics it survived snow storms
and very cold winds without a problem. The guitar player I worked with
used a Crate Taxi, and it worked great.

I've also used a couple of Limos as a PA for an entire band playing
outside. (At a local Farmers Market and for private parties). I've
also used it for a stage monitor on an indoor gig. Its a good backup
amp for guitar or harmonica.

For me, it's the best solid state amp I've every used for harmonica
(not that I've tried every solid state amp out there ...).

The drawbacks are that it's a bit heavy, and it bit expensive, but the
amp has paid for itself many times over just from playing the streets.