Re: [Harp-L] Loud band

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Loud is not good, hearing is good. Loud ruins the mix, loud makes dynamics pointless, loud makes you tired. Loud takes away subtlety.

Tat's not pontificating, that's my opinion, that's not BS, most of it is scientific fact. Half the musicians I know regret playing loud when they were younger (and I'm talking about people in their twenties and thirties, no old farts), but they won't talk about it, because they are too distracted by the ringing in their ears.

If the audience insists on loud, use a bigger PA.

whiteboy slim

Vince Meghrouni wrote:
I'm off this pretentious list. This is all the self-righteous puffed up pontificating BS I can stand. What a bunch of hoky insular cretinous self absorbed crap. Stuff your miniature world. Jesus, I can't believe I took it for this long.