[Harp-L] Grip Talk...

I am right handed and early on my grip evolved into neither a left or right
handed situation. I pretty much always use both hands. The way I hold the
harp acoustically or with a mic is the same. Numbers up, low notes to the
left, left side of harp against the base of thumb where it meets the palm of
left hand, right side against base of forefinger where it meets the palm of
right hand, remaining fingers of left hand over lap remaining right hand
fingers to form cup. Tremolo created two different ways; fluttering left
hand while keeping right hand rigid or by moving base of both palms in and
out. Both thumbs always pressed against the face. Open up the hand with
thumbs on face and the mic fits in the "pocket". Clench fingers around mic
and let er rip. I get many nice compliments on my tone and delivery so I
guess this method works ok :-)

What ever works for you as they say. Mr. John Daly of the golf world has
used a popular quote that works for the harp world as well "grip it and rip
it!"

Rip on fellow harpists!

Warren Bee