[Harp-L] Harpgear and Meteor amps

"Never buy an amp without trying it first."  New or used.  No matter how many cool recordings or even live performances you hear, it will almost certainly sound different, especially with your playing.

Which is why it's so cool that so many harp players at jams or sit-in situations or post-gig chats allow us other players to try their rigs.  Try with your mic, their mic, anothers', different settings, etc.

In any case it's a good idea to get suggestions for set-up, but then try 'em out!

 Amp comparison workshops would be cool, too.  Ah, if only we could teleport!

-Dave Fertig

"Broussard, Craig" <Craig.Broussard@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Harpgear and Meteor amps Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:52:40 -0600 To:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,
I'm planning on shelling out for a "harp" amp and narrowed it down to
either the Harpgear Double Trouble or the Meteor Mini Meat as I use
small-medium amps for 95% of jobs.
I have personally never heard either amp live and could use some advice
from you who have on the sound qualities of these amps. I have heard
them both on their respective websites but it is difficult to compare
recordings.
I would appreciate any comparison information that you could supply like
Bass response, clean to dirty settings, horn/honk, cut, ability to get a
dirty sound at low volumes, or any other information that you can
provide.

Thanks!
Craig