From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 5:59 am
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Lone Wolf Harp Delay Review

"Bill Hines" wrote:

<I'd be interested in hearing Richard Hunter's take on how this digital
<delay differs from the one in the Digitech units. To me, if I'm going to
<get a gizmo, I'd rather get one of the Digitechs where I have SO much
<more effects processing at my disposal, rather than just a single unit
<that has delay (does this do reverb too?).

Thanks for asking.  I regret to advise that I have not tried the Lone Wolf,
mainly because I'm happy with my setup right now and am not looking for new
performance gear.

That said, I note that Brian Purdy of HarpGear amps fame posted to this list
recently with a strong recommendation for this pedal.  I've played through one
of Brian's amps, and he obviously knows a thing or two about what makes a harp
sound good, so I tend to take Brian's opinion in this matter seriously.

On a related note, as members of this list try this pedal, I recommend that they
take the time to document what they find on the effects database at
harmonycentral.com.  The user reviews on Harmonycentral are a terrific resource
for musicians, and I never buy a piece of gear without looking at harmonycentral
first.  It would be a real service to other harp players to write up this pedal
there.

Regards, Richard Hunter
http://hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at myspace.com/richardhunterharp