[Harp-L] My once a year Movie date

Dave Fertig wrote:
Bear with me: I "work" at a wine shop 2 days a week. It's amazing how 12 people often have 12 different perceptions of the same wine.

1st an aside:
Don't you mean 12 different positions on the same wine; and most like second position, but a few like 3rd position and a few first, and the guy who liked 12th was out there.

I did play a neat Movie date yesterday which required a lot of reading and had some nasty fast corner switch grace notes. Very much Rota or Maraconi type music, so much so that in one take I suggested, stupid me, that the whole thing would sound great in octaves. So we ended up rerecording 4 takes all in octaves! Last time I make that suggestion.

Good thing I brought minor tuned blues harps because he wanted nothing but a blues harp minor chord pad like a harmonetta in one pass. He did let me solo over that but it was not the sound he was looking for; I have a feeling the director may go for the version with the solo.

Anyhow, rule number one in the studio is give them what they want, especially if they are good composers and arrangers, and then just nudge them along to the possibilities of the instrument.

I would like to also thank Richard Hunter for the recommendation!

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com