Re: [Harp-L] Playing country

I have never played in a country band where they expected me to play just
like someone else, so I have used positions 1 through 4 as I needed them,
just as I do when I play bluegrass.  Minor tunes like "Seminole Wind" work
better in a minor position for me.  12th position rarely gets used, but
it can come up as convenient in a key shift in one of our Texas fiddle
tunes.  The only time I get into a situation where I must play 2nd position
all the time is when the band is more of a country/rock or country/blues
band and the overall delivery forces the need to stay in that scale.

I would be my pleasure to wish you luck on your upcoming gig with Frank
Wakefield.  He plays some wonderful music, so enjoy yourself.

Cara Cooke