[Harp-L] Hookin n Harpin Tour

. . . . pulled into Omaha and docked at Chunga Jim's for a spell. He's a local harp man and list member. Last night we went to a downtown Omaha blues club for an open mic, never know what you'll get at those things and last nights was very cool. Cool because the guys
  in the band were cool and good. I told them about my sideman percussion and they said jump right in. So I waited for the break and jumped right in and played the rest of the night with the cats. They were hip and they were black, hey, is that a song? Jim played some harp for a few tunes through another guys rig and ended up just playing straight through the P.A. I blew some harp on some tunes while I was shaking and bangin. Thanks Jim.
   Tonight (Thurs.) we started the day with some hookin down at "The Lake" where some really big bass lurk. In fishing a hit is when a fish hits your hook and today I had the hardest hit in my 55 years of fishing. Yanked the pole clean out of one hand and almost out of the other and while regripping left some slack in the line and it shook the hook out. It was "The One That Got Away"! Hope I don't have to wait another 55 years ! After we got home we zipped on down to catch Jason and the boys. We landed him and he didn't shake the hook,
  just shook the joint. They were surprised to see me again, no telling when our paths will cross again.
   Back on the road Friday, will probably stop for some hookin before leaving Neb. and then westward hooo, onto Idaho.

  Onward and harpward,
  Reach