Re: [Harp-L] reed plate covers

I have a couple very early pre-war MB's with plated brass covers- they won't stick to my speaker magnet =:) Only the outside is plated, inside is natural brass. They are patented however, I'm guessing early teens models. Pat Missin's website has a chronology of the Marine Band with photos of one like this, I think in the FFAQ section. It seems to be down this morning and I couldn't pass along the link.

After months of therapy, I'm finally at peace with the idea that comb material doesn't matter. Now you're telling me that cover material doesn't matter either.....

JS