Re: [Harp-L] Re: future harmonicas and all that

Let us consider jazz quartets. They usually include a sax or trumpet. Of course, piano trios exist and need no sax or trumpet. Sax and trumpet are lead instruments as per your categorization of the harmonica. But I don't think that it means that sax, trumpet or harmonica are less essential. They are essential to achieving a particular sound that has its own particular merits.