[Harp-L] Comfort blanket harmonica

As there's been some list heaviness lately (and as the silly season is approaching) I thought I'd revive this one. What harmonica do you grab to stick in your pocket before setting off for a walk/shopping trip/visit to the (non-playing) pub? I never go anywhere without a harmonica. At the moment it's an ancient low D Special 20 that's had at least four reed transplants. I wouldn't trust it to see me through a gig without a backup harp but it plays like a dream. It's years old now but last night at our regular gig I picked it up by mistake instead of my Dannecker harp and played Carolan's Concerto on it and no-one knew the difference. Of course, a lot of the time it stays in the pocket as no opportunity to play it arises, but it doesn't seem to mind a bit of fluff from the pocket unlike those temperamental prima donna harps that only come out of the case for sessions and gigs. One day I'll have "hero" engraved on it and it can come with me on that day when I'll never be out of the box again. I also have large numbers of little Suzuki Folkmasters in various keys lying around the house. In times of need I'm never far away from a source of solace.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk