Re: [Harp-L] Studio Reverb / which type to use?

I'm sure it's possible -- dependent of course on the recording setup -- to add reverb post-recording "live", meaning to record the track dry but render it during playing with *some* reverb.  That way you might get a better sense for how it will sound during the mix down, which might affect how you play it in the first place, as Rob says.

  In my opinion this is more important for a heavily-effected sound that for just a smattering of reverb or delay.  I think a player already gets a little more persistent sound than what the listener hears, even without effects, but if you're running the sound of a supersonic engine it would probably be better to hear it while you're recording!

  -tim

Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I think it's better to play your solo with some reverb to play it dry you
won't get the 'nuance' on your ornamentions etc...Tim, isn't there a way to
use the verb in the software just for the 'cue' mix but not to record?

Then add all the fancy Reverb efx later??
Best,rob