[Harp-L] plagarism

I heard a well known harmonica player last weekend and found that this person was taking solos note-for-note from Sonny Boy II and Little Walter and inserting them into other songs without attribution, therefore passing them off as original improvisations. I consider this musical plagarism, probably commited to cover up a deficiency in improvising. Does anyone agrees that this would constitute plagarism? It is almost certainly a copyright violation. I don't want to name this person at this point.

-Glenn Weiser