Re: [Harp-L] Re: Dynamics

Ken D. writes:

Moving in and out of a mic, for instance, doesn't just change the loudness of your playing, it changes the eq noticeably,

Recording amplified harmonica I just recently ran into this problem. While playing live with an amp I have developed the habit of changing the distance between the harmonica and the microphone to change volume. It's fine live. It's not so nice recorded. Changes the eq noticeably is an understatement. Nothing like paying hourly to figure out something that will be handed to you on a platter days later for free. fjm