Re: [Harp-L] Fender 59 Bassman Ltd reissue

 When it comes to amps and microphones, there are definite sonic differences.? Regardless of a players ability, there will be personal preferences as to what sort of tone/sound is desired and the amp/mic will make a difference.? I have several different amps and microphones and will use different ones based on the desired sound for any given recording or gig.? A tweed Bassman amp will provide a different sound than a Sonny Jr 1 or a Supro or a Champ.? Same thing goes with mics, a JT-30 makes a different noise than a Green Bullet or an EV 630 or an SM57.? To my ear, the basic tone and style of a player will be evident with any setup (i.e. Kim Wilson will sound like Kim Wilson), but the actual sonic differences can be significant (i.e. edgier, bassy, fatter, thinner, etc).? I agree that the amp/mic will not miraculously turn a person into a great harp player, however, it is also true that getting a sound that excites you will probably help you play better and become a better player as a result.

In a nutshell, a tweed Bassman type amp is a great rig for live and studio gigs and will basically produce a classic blues/rock amplified harp sound.