De: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] En nombre
de Robert Bonfiglio
Enviado el: lunes, 04 de junio de 2007 11:31
Para: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: [Harp-L] Stevie Wonder's Harmonica

Just back from wonderful concerts with the Bochum Symphony in
Germany.  Took a look at the harmonica Stevie was playing and I think
this Frank Huang's model.  He mad a brass 280 but with cover plates
with channels like the CBH 2016 that were set in from the front of
the comb so as to not be totally air tight and stop all notes from
playing.  I played these when Frank made them at Hohner years ago in
Long Island; very heavy harmonicas using old 280 plates.  Nice sound
and the channels added some focus, you can barely see them in the video.

He was still using them when I met him at the Song Writer's Hall of
Fame concert I was performing in; he was honoring Barry Gordy.  We
talked harmonica back stage for 30 minutes before going on.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com