RE: [Harp-L] Stevie Wonder's Harmonica
- To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Stevie Wonder's Harmonica
- From: Jose Texidó <josetexido@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:56:05 -0300
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:return-receipt-to:from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:in-reply-to:x-mimeole:thread-index; b=ATE5L1pCcAIuMNBD6n+O9d7EMXgSlfjqVpty60DGnrYMd39gMiqzhraLKygwDW7AQwVarYeVWZZs5dzZnq0hqAJ/5UAkHwCJrTs2k3bRQSQXPZHFU2cAD7eZQg8t1EFdm71cCkbLQAMvhYNrkzOnAqbkKL98tKiWUYhuxmLLMTk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:return-receipt-to:from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:in-reply-to:x-mimeole:thread-index; b=I6zB8zza4u95vW3bblHVpW4I6gtu4Apk77UF61lpmX2rr9dUEDVRBYH4CBruV3MnrwF2UdsAv1wN4HM1jSQGldHxYda2aBCWxTXUBoDBg5ajUfsg7dDxehjGqfmAar1Sbj0UstdY/KHcwHL9u9Xsdp6JeIMjINt0r9UtVneTFiA=
- In-reply-to: <A6966F17-879A-4741-A5BE-9D56C3540621@i-2000.com>
- Thread-index: AcemtaDGd9lGqd41QVK3nQP/Fjs3rQACBxOg
First of all let me introduce myself. My name is Jose, from Buenos Aires,
Argentina. I've been playing blues harp for almost four years.
I always wonder about the steve wonder's harmonica tunings. For example,
when he plays songs like Is't she lovely or "there must be an angel" with
annie lennox. Both songs has similar harp solos, and I wonder if they are in
the same key, and which key is he using, so I ask you if you know the
exactly key of those plays?
I'm really novice in this type of playing, so I'd like to start playing
Steve Wonder's method. Do you have a web page, tutorial or some useful
material to bring in order to understand his licks?
Still working to perform my style.
Thank you very much!!
De: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] En nombre
de Robert Bonfiglio
Enviado el: lunes, 04 de junio de 2007 11:31
Asunto: [Harp-L] Stevie Wonder's Harmonica
Just back from wonderful concerts with the Bochum Symphony in
Germany. Took a look at the harmonica Stevie was playing and I think
this Frank Huang's model. He mad a brass 280 but with cover plates
with channels like the CBH 2016 that were set in from the front of
the comb so as to not be totally air tight and stop all notes from
playing. I played these when Frank made them at Hohner years ago in
Long Island; very heavy harmonicas using old 280 plates. Nice sound
and the channels added some focus, you can barely see them in the video.
He was still using them when I met him at the Song Writer's Hall of
Fame concert I was performing in; he was honoring Barry Gordy. We
talked harmonica back stage for 30 minutes before going on.
Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and